This has been a trying year for so many, including many of us at Hope Counseling Services. Yet it has been a blessed year in many ways as well. And God has continued to expand our ministry at Hope, and provide more opportunities to bring Hope to Life.
Donors play a crucial role in our work at Hope. People often ask us how donations are used at Hope. Financial gifts to our ministry certainly help us with our everyday expenses and normal operating costs. But donations do so much more. As 2020 comes to a close, we wanted to share some of the ways your generosity and prayers have impacted our work, and invite you to give a gift this year’s end. Thank you for making our work possible this year!
- Donations provide scholarship funds for counseling. As a ministry, we never turn someone away because of what they can or cannot afford
- Donations offset the expenses of additional digital platforms (like Zoom) in 2020, as everything shifted online due to COVID-19. It was a blessing to have the resources to pivot quickly in the midst of stay-at-home orders.
- Donations provided vital training to our counselors. In 2020:
- We broadened our training team to include Executive Director Wes Tubel, and counselors Bryan Launer and Jacklyn Tubel
- We added three new counselors, bringing our total to 10 counselors working at Hope!
- Donations helped underwrite our summer internship program, and our church-based training services.
- Donations helped us produce new resources including:
- two brand new courses: Gospel-Centered Change and Gospel-Centered Relationships
- a new webinar series (more webinars are in the works for 2021!)
- an article in the Journal of Biblical Counseling
Thank you to everyone who has supported our ministry through your prayers and generous financial gifts. We are grateful for all that God has enabled us to do this year, and we look forward to what is in store in 2021!