Hope Counseling Services (HCS) provides biblical counseling in order to address problems in daily living. This means we believe the Bible speaks into all of our daily struggles, so we seek to make wise applications of God’s truth and grace, as revealed in his Word.
How do we interpret our troubles in ways that make proper sense? God’s truth gives us a fresh way of seeing our problems. How do we address our troubles in ways that bring lasting change? God’s grace gives us a fresh way of solving our problems.
Biblical counseling seeks to make these connections through honest and loving conversations. Instead of using the Bible in artificial or heavy-handed ways, HCS counselors are trained to make applications that are thoughtful and personalized.
We aim to build a relationship in which God’s transformational work can thrive, so we will come alongside you and walk patiently with you. Within this context, we will seek to bring God’s real Hope to your real Life.
* * *
Because we believe the Hope revealed in the Bible centers on the person of God’s Son, Jesus Christ, the counseling we offer is distinctively Christian. That does not mean that you need to be a person of faith to benefit from our counseling. No matter your background or perspective, we will treat you with respect and meet you wherever you are.
Most counseling is helpful whenever a wise person takes you seriously, listens carefully, and speaks a timely word, and we aim to provide you with nothing less. However, biblical counseling is uniquely powerful, because it invites you to seek and find God’s actual mercies in your particular time of need. This is the help that can be yours, so might you be open to learning more?
Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of counseling issues does HCS address?
People come to Hope Counseling Services with many different struggles. Some of the issues that we regularly counsel include:
- Marriage and family issues
- Anger and conflict
- Guilt and Shame
- Struggling with loss
- Eating disorders/body image
- Fear and Anxiety
- Obsessive and compulsive behaviors
How much does counseling cost?
How long does each session last?
How do I make an appointment?
What if I cannot make my appointment?
Where are you located?
Training and Developing
In addition to providing counseling for problems in daily living, Hope Counseling Services also seeks to multiply wise counseling ministry in our community and beyond by training and developing biblical counselors. We do this in a variety of ways, including:
- Small group courses produced by the Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation and tailored to church leaders and lay counselors, such as How People Change and Instruments in the Hands of the Redeemer.
- Advanced workshops that translate counseling theory into counseling practice by exploring true-to-life case studies.
- Supervised internships for those currently pursuing Master’s level training.
Resourcing the Local Church for Counseling-related Needs
God has designed the local church to be a counseling community, a community where “speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is Christ. From
- Seminars that cast
visionfor walking side-by-side and helping each other grow through conversational ministry, and that give practical tools for living out the vision.
- Seminars that address specific topics or counseling needs, such as marriage and family, parenting, fear and anxiety, addictions, and more.
- If you have a specific need or topic that you would like addressed, please let us know, and we’ll go to work and seek to help.
- Consultation for addressing specific counseling needs that may arise in pastoral ministry.
We would love to dream together with you about ways Hope Counseling Services can partner with your church to help strengthen your discipleship and counseling ministry efforts. For more information, please contact us.